If you don’t already know - Movie Talk On Sunday involves everyone in the wonderful Twitter film community (including you) in a debate about film topics. I have the honour of hosting this week (June 3rd at 8pm BST), on a subject very close to my heart - the romantic comedy. I’ve pretty much seen all of them - although there’s always an undiscovered gem somewhere.
MTOS means the host asks ten questions (see below) on the chosen subject, inviting everyone who follow me or types in the hashtag #MTOS to answer them. Anyone can answer but it’s easiest if you put the question number that you are answering and the hashtag #MTOS in your tweets.
To find out more on how #MTOS works - click here.
I worry about the romantic comedy. In a sea of blockbusters, sequels and superhero movies, these type of films aren’t being made in the numbers that they used to.
So I want to know what you all think about this movie genre. Here are my ten questions for us to ponder and discuss:
1) What are your favourite romantic comedies?
2) Are romcoms just for girls? Discuss.
3) What is the recipe for the perfect romcom?
4) Which directors utilise this genre most effectively? How?
5) Which romcoms should be wiped from existence? Why were they so bad?
6) What’s the best screen chemistry you’ve seen between romcom leads? Is there a dream pairing?
7) Were the screwball days, the Eighties excess, the alternative Noughties or another decade the best for romcoms?
8) What’s your romcom guilty pleasure (I won’t tell)?
9) Who does romcoms the best? UK, US, Europe or elsewhere, and why?
10) Is romcom a dying genre? Can it be revived? If so, how?
Looking forward to debating with you on Sunday!
(photo - the RomCom Disease - from ommster.com)